Today I met with my endocrinologist and we discussed where I am at. I am now ready for the first of my radiation. :) YEAH!!! I'm so excited... well... kind of nervous. Friday I'll be receiving my my first dose of a low amount of Radiation so that Monday I can have a full body scan. Once the scan is done Monday/Tuesday they will determine what dose I'll need for the high dose treatment. :)
Three day isolation, then hopefully next week we'll begin the high dose ...more isolation! Yeah for me! many more days of indexing and research. :) I'm going to find joy in the journey! Bring it on!
Side note: today I made my own butter! oh yah! I'm doing pretty good with this home making thing. :) It's been very good to learn. Each year for the next five years (maybe more) I'll need to know how this diet works I'll need to go on it each year for my yearly check up!
February 28, 2012
I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer here's my story
January 28, 2015
Return of the cancer
October 12, 2017
Once again, Cancer
T-Cancer
I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.
The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.
I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.
I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
I am not sure if it applies to your particular case, but I read that some patients received Thyrotropin (Thyrogen) shot before a body scan; this shot shortened the low iodine/ hypo period before I-131 scan. I also know (from interacting with patients) that many got problems with their salivary glands (RAI burns them). You may want to discuss this stuff on your next opportunity with your doctor.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for liking the roses!
Thank you for the suggestions. :) I appreciate the concern and help! It's ALWAYS needed!
DeleteI have talked with my doctor about the Thyrotropin and for the first scan they like to allow the body to do it for itself and than in years to come, I'll be given the option. :)
As for the salivary glands my dentist addressed that with me and gave me some dry mouth stuff to use during radiation. :) I needed the reminder about the salivary glands, I had forgotten about the dentist giving me the dry mouth stuff! THANKS!!! :)