T-Cancer

I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.

The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.

I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Low-Iodine Experiment

Look at me and my BAD self I made Home made Ketchup, Mayo (took me several attempts) and Almond Milk!!! OH YAH!!! From the Thyroid cancer website (http://www.thyca.org/index.htm) there is a Low-Iodine Cook book and I printed it out and bound it. I took some of those recipes for ketchup, mayo and almond milk and made them and they are too shabby. I actually think they taste pretty good.

I learned that you need to follow the recipe exactly to make it really work. :) (who would of thought) well, so far so good. I have meals and I'm not as frustrated any more. In the cookbook it says that you should have everything ready before you start the diet.... well, I didn't and I'm actually glad. I have truly learned so much about having something to do. :) I'm able to get the little motivation I have to get up and accomplish something! It's so wonderful. I have something productive to do.

Next week the challenge will be to make no-milk, no-soy, no iodine butter! Oh YAH  bring it! :)

Love you all! Your prayers are truly felt! :)

5 comments:

  1. De ugyes vagy! Hajra hajra, tovabbra is ilyen ugyesen kiserletezz! :) Kar hoyg nem laksz kozelebb, szivesen foznek neked (en vegan vagyok mar evek ota) Kitartas! Etus

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10/10 for optimism!
    By reading blogs like yours, many people can make impression that ThyCa is nothing, which is WRONG!
    Also, some more ThyCa is expected in North California area thanks to the Japanese nuclear disaster.
    Keep smiling):

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You're right, Thyroid cancer is no walk in the park... It's not fun, however with the Lord by my side it makes it much easier.
    That's too bad that disaster happened. :(

    I wish everyone with Thyroid Cancer the best!

    I will keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to thank you for sharing your experiences and would like to send you "virtual gift"
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2722/4071478409_990492b51c_z.jpg
    I don't usually take pictures of the flowers, but these are definitely worth the shot (and they will stay fresh forever!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the flowers! There beautiful! Thank you for commenting! I wish you the best in what you are facing in your life. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.