This morning I went to my Ears, Nose, Throat specialist (the one who did the surgery). He took the bandage off and talked with me, my mom, and dad for a little bit. So he repeated for my parents what was written in the pathology report. My doctor was really pleased how the scar is healing. I also had my blood work drawn to see were my TSH (http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/tsh/tab/test?gclid=CJyZtdKl2a8CFQgJRQodaSKMAA), T4 (http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/t4), and calcium levels were at. :) Well, great new: my calcium was great, T4 was low (great news for me), and my TSH levels were HIGH (which is also great for me). As I am on the Low-Iodine diet to make my TSH levels HIGH which means that T4 levels go down. So, I need my TSH levels at a 30 which is 10X higher than a normal person, I am at a 14. something, so about 15... Half way there!!! :) yeah! since I've been on the diet one week!
http://www.doctorsofusc.com/condition/document/32824 This website talks about the treatments for thyroid cancer! :) YEAH that's what I have! however, if you are interested this is a web page that covers all types of radiation http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/radiation I will than likely go through Systemic radiation therapy. It's farther down the page but I thought if you had questions this does a good job answering questions. :)
I meet with my endocrinologist May 7, and we'll know more. :)
Love you all!!! :) NIGHT!
February 28, 2012
I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer here's my story
January 28, 2015
Return of the cancer
October 12, 2017
Once again, Cancer
T-Cancer
I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.
The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.
I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.
I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
Thanks for all of your updates. I'm glad your levels are looking good. Good luck with the diet for the next few weeks. I was sorry to hear about the radiation treatment but I'm glad that you have great doctors who have a plan in place to help get you cancer free! It was good to see you last week and we will keep praying for you. ~ Kristine
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristine!!! :) It was so fun to see you and your family last week! Thank you for all your prayers, they are felt! I'm starting to get the hang of my diet. It'll be great! I'm glad I have found some really great doctors! I'm very very blessed! It's because of all the prayers on my behalf the Lord has blessed me immensely!
ReplyDelete