I'm sorry I haven't been very good about writing updates. It's been an interesting 10 days. It started off pretty tough. It wasn't easy the first couple days, I felt like I was slightly burning inside. As day 3 came around I had a headache and the only way to explain it I felt like I had the flu. I was nauseous and had no regular bowel movements. It was hard waiting 5 days into this to get on synthroid and regular food. Each day seemed longer and longer as the days went on. To get myself busy I would play games on the computer, index a little bit, watch movies, and because my house has a semi-flat roof I'd climb out and get some fresh air.
When I began taking the synthroid and eating regular food it took a day or two to get used to it but it made me feel a whole lot better. It was a night and day difference. I am now on day 10 today and tomorrow I'll be able to do things. I hope to get out and build up my endurance to be able to run a couple 5ks this fall. Even with the synthroid and eating regular food I still feel tired and I'll need to figure out how to do things a little different.
Here's to the rest of my life and making a difference.
Thanks for all the prayers in my behalf they are greatly felt.
Love you all!
Hey Tawnya, I just wanted to say thank you for posting these insights. I'm currently in a 3-day isolation before a body scan. I went through all of this 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed, but now that my thyroglobulin has shot back up, I get to start all over! It's been really helpful for me to read through your posts since I didn't document my first experiences with I131, especially since you stay so positive through everything. Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts!
ReplyDelete