T-Cancer

I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.

The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.

I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cancer, my constant frenemy (6 month check up)


I consider myself very fortunate to be alive with everything that I've gone through in my life. Living with cancer reminds me everyday to be a little better, a little kinder, a little more patient. I'm definitely not the best, the most kind or the most patient, but I'm reminded each day that I need to work more on these traits. Everyone can do better in their lives no matter what they are facing.

I went to my doctor on April 6 and he was very positive with how things went last October and the life style changes I've made in my life to be healthier that I would be able to go to yearly visits for check ups. I was looking forward to being cleared for yearly check ups from here on out, but as my luck would have it my doctor found a tiny mass, small enough to not be terribly concerned but enough to have my doctor concerned that he wants to bring me back in six months. After my blood work my doctor said that I am still showing under detection on my blood work but he wants to monitor the growth.

I'm still living with cancer but in a manageable way! Life is so great and I'll continue to do all that my doctor asks as impossible it may seem and how stubborn I may be, I will do this and get to a healthier place.

Thank you all for your support! I've been extremely blessed. Here's to the next 6 months and loosing weight and getting healthy. This cancer will never take me down!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.