T-Cancer

I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.

The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.

I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Miracles in the Lord's timing

These past years have been rough but worth it. I have seen so many miracles among this crazy experience with cancer. I know how hard it is to be in despair and feel like nothing is going right for you. As many of you know that I have been searching for a new doctor to assist me in keeping track and watching my cancer but that with patience and a lot of waiting I have now found an incredible doctor to help me. I want to tell the world that our Heavenly Father is VERY aware of our circumstances and knows what we need even before we do.

About three and half months ago I was in an extremely low place in life and felt like there was nothing I could do. After deciding to go to institute and being in the right place at the right time the Lord has provided me a way, over several months, to get into the huntsman center and now feel confident in my doctor.

Many people tell me that I'm handling this whole situation well; however, I feel like the Lord has simple proven to me that he is in the details of my life. I couldn't be where I'm at without Him.

I want to encourage all those who are going through a hard time no matter what it's labeled, school, work, unemployment, illness, death, or cancer. We all have a Savior and Heavenly Father who can take that burden from us. It's not easy to hand our burdens to Him, but let me tell you, it's definitely easier with Him.

"But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." ~ Alma 32:27

The trials may never resolve in our minds but we can still find peace along the journey. I have learned so much about myself during this journey with cancer. I appreciate all the support that I have felt from each of you along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.