A. Lymph nodes (Right Level IV), Regional dissection: Metastatic follicular variant of papillary thyroid cancer identified in ten of 25 lymph nodes. No extra-capsular extension is identified.
B. Lymph nodes (Right level VI), regional dissection: Two benign reactive lymph nodes. No metastatic carcinoma is identified in either lymph node.
This picture will help you understand where the lymph nodes were. If you look below you can see the levels and I was told that when they went in for the ones in level IV they had to move over the Jugular and Carotid artery to get to them. I'm still a little tender to the touch in that area of my neck.
Ok. So, yes they found cancer in ten out of 27 lymph nodes, what does that mean? Well, according to my doctor what they look for is some type of region of clarity. This means that since they had a margin of 63% they are fairly confident that they removed all the cancer. This is great! I'm so glad that I went in for the surgery. I can't imagine waiting until the end of June to get another ultrasound and do another biopsy and "watch" the cancer until the doctor felt like we needed to take action. I have chosen to not return to my previous doctor who wanting to just wait. I don't feel like he had my best interest in mind.
I'm looking for a doctor who is willing to work with me and keep my interests in mind while treating me. That's what I feel about my surgeons! They are incredible. I'm so glad that I've been able to work with them.
Many miracles have happened even through having to postpone the surgery from Monday to Friday. I really do feel the Lord's hand in my life. I've felt the prayers, fasting, and thoughts of so many people on my behalf and I can't imagine taking this on without those. I appreciate you all and know that I have so much to do in this life and this will not take me. I will win and conquer this cancer. At this point we can say that we've done all we can do to remove the cancer. What happens next? Well, I will be going in for blood work and we'll use that to see if the cancer is gone and if other treatment is needed. As of right now treatment is done and we'll take everything as it comes. This experience has taught me so much!
I would have to say that one thing I've learned from this is that our bodies illnesses and short comings DO NOT define our souls. We are sons and daughters of the Most High our loving Heavenly Father and there's nothing our physical bodies can do to take that from us. We cannot fail if we truly understand that all things are possible with our Heavenly Father and through the atonement of our beloved brother, Jesus Christ. Words of encouragement to anyone who faces something the feel is bigger then them, DON'T GIVE UP! Take everyday as it comes, don't let yesterday's failures define what you become today! Improve become better each and everyday. Yes, I have bad days, I mean I just had someone cut into my throat for a second time and I have this incredibly weird scare but it won't last. It'll go away in time. I can still feel beautiful and loved. No matter what NEVER GIVE UP! It'll be totally worth it in the end. Find the miracles and wonders in every trial!
I know I've been blessed in this. I had surgery Friday 5/1 and was able to get back to work (for a half day) on Tuesday 5/5. That's a miracle. I also was able to do a half day on Wednesday 5/6 only to have a wonderful full day at work on 5/7 and 5/8! What a blessing!
This has been one of my favorite songs through this:
Apparently it also gave you all my Playlist of songs so if you choose to continue listing you are welcome to. They are all song I listen to when I'm down. :)

I have been followed your blog in the past and (secretly) fell in love with you!
ReplyDeleteSorry to know that your cancer came back (although it is possible if it is initially found in lymph nodes). You are the very strong person and will make it this time too. Hugs!!!!!
Thank you! I apologize for not responding to this sooner it's been quite the adventure lately trying to get back on top of things! :) you're very sweet! I will continue to be posting my adventures (more often) so stay tuned!
DeleteI appreciate the support and hugs!! :)