T-Cancer

I just want people to know about the things that are currently happening in my life. In January I went into the doctor's office thinking I had strep throat or something because I hadn't been able to recover from a cold. While I was visiting with the doctor she noticed my neck was swollen and so she felt it and realized that my thyroid was enlarged, she suggested that we do blood work to see what was going on.

The results on it came back as to be in the normal range, so we decided to press on to do an ultrasound of the thyroid because SOMETHING was going on. When we received those results there were two hard nodules and one cyst, all in different locations. According to statistics this should not be concerning. My doctor had talked with another doctor and they suggested we check back in on them in six months. As I got off the phone I just felt sick inside and knew I needed to see someone else for a second opinion. As I thought that my doctor had called me back and told me I should do that too. She told me that I should go to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Specialist.

I went to one and he decided I needed to get the two harder nodules biopsied. I got both hard nodules biopsied one located on the right lobe of the thyroid and the other on the left lobe of the thyroid. Both resulted in the news of being malignant (cancer). This is a rare find for my age and having multiple nodules on the thyroid. Now I have been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Third Surgery

Tomorrow I'll be going into surgery for the third time and yes I'm a little nervous but I know the Lord will take care of me. I will check in at 10 am and be in surgery for at least 3 hours but if the surgeon feels that there is more to be done he'll continue through until completed. Last surgery was longer than that and this surgery they anticipate taking more than my last surgery. I hope all goes well and appreciate all the love, support and prayers on my behalf.

You are all the best! 
Image result for third surgery memes thyroid cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.