So.... I finally decided to go in for a second opinion. I decided to go see the wonderful surgeon I had done my first surgery. He read the reports and was ready to do the surgery if that's what I wanted to do. He wasn't sure why my previous doctor told me to wait. I asked him my concerns of exposing the voice box again and he said he wouldn't worry about that. He felt like he could make a small incision and remove the lymohnodes that are affected by the cancer. So I made up my mind and decided let's just do it. I feel really good about my decision and hope that all will work out. :) my surgery is scheduled to happen Monday April 27.
It's been a rough several weeks for me. I've been frustrated, upset and ornery. The only difference since these feeling have returned was that we lowered my synthroid. I honestly have not been this moody since before my first surgery and when they take me off my medication for the body scan. I now can say this hormone balancing is no fun at all. I hope to get this resolved as soon as possible; however, as I've read others experiences it may not be that easy. I know I can make the best of it. Throughout our lives our thyroids are able to balance the hormones and metabolism; however, when that organ is removed our bodies have to rely on a synthetic hormone replacement to give the body just enough to balance for the day... it's crazy to think a body can figure out what to do with a synthetic hormone. Aren't our bodies fascinating? :) I'm constantly blown away by the miraculous things our bodies can do.
This past week I've been constantly reminded that I should be more grateful... an attitude of gratitude is where happiness is found. When you're grateful for things, even the smallest things, there's no room for sadness, depression, depression, or anxiety. I'm challenging myself to find things each day that I'm grateful for. The way too get through any trial is to remember all the wonderful things we do have.
I hope you all know how much I love you and wish for you all to have happiness and joy even through each of your trials! Remember God loves you!
I'm grateful for:
Family
Healthy days
Bad days
Trials
The gospel of Jesus Christ
My support
Sunny days
Sabbath days of rest
Doctors
Medication
Medicine
Friends
My job
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.